Monday, March 29, 2010

Boonah - Friday

A couple of times a year the Getaway Girls head for The Outlook in Boonah.  It's a weekend of sewing, talking, laughing, drinking and eating.  Sue organises us and she has all the details down pat.  Thanks Sue!

This was the first weekend I'd been on since February 2009 - a looong time between drinks.  Margaret drove in her zippy little Colt
 We left early-ish, but detoured via a shop in Jimboomba, a thick shake in a cafe and coffee and a pie and a good look around in Boonah.

We set up and then I got stuck into sewing.  The first project was to make 4 wonky stars.  I then put them together with alphabet letters I'd made some time ago - finished top - ta- daaa!
   I had enough fabric left over to piece the backing too
Here's a close-up of the fabric -