Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting Ready for Retreat

It's still a couple of weeks away, but I like to have things sorted so that when I'm at retreat I don't have to think - just sew.  The shweshwe fabric will be going into the mix for this project that I stalled on in June -
This is the inspiration, but mine will be blue and white.  I now have 28 different indigos for the darks, and a consistent white.  Through misreading the directions I cut 60 blue squares and 60 white squares at the June retreat, then realised I would run out of fabric.  I should have cut 60 in total, 30 from blue and 30 from white.  Oops!!!  That's why I ended up with 120 squares
And why I now have to cut 492 blue 2 1/2" squares and 492 white 2 1/2" squares.  Yikes!!!  I think I'll leave it for the retreat - as a "break" from sewing.