Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Interesting...

You know how you see eye-catching postcards around the place?  This one intrigued me - genome jenga
It's a way of publicising a wonderful technology information service - TechNyou.  The organisation/site is designed to help answer questions about emerging technologies.  It's funded through the government and the University of Melbourne - how cool is that?  Just love it...

While at the NGA I picked up a brochure about their collection.  Did you know that only 2% (not a misprint, I really did mean to write 2%) of their collection is shown at any one time?  Goodness knows where they store the other 98% - and I thought **I** had a lot of stuff.  Well, turns out, you can search the collection online, and then ask to have a squizz.  Well, you'll probably have more success if you say you want to "research" it.  Go here and play around.  I put in the word "quilt" and I got quite a few results, including some nice images....

No comments:

Post a Comment