Monday, February 14, 2011

National Gallery of Australia

Whenever I'm in Canberra I like to visit one of my favourite works of art, Blue Poles.  It's so wonderful that our galleries are free and that I can just drop in.  Sorry, no photo.  I am POSITIVE that you were allowed to take photos at one time...maybe not.  So you'll just have to see it virtually here which I know is but a very very poor representation of the energy, vitality and size of the original.

The gallery has been extended and it now houses the largest Indigenous collection in the world.  Of course, I couldn't take photos here either, but the gallery's publication has quality images and was only $25 or so.  So a copy came home with me.

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but I DID snap this while I was waiting for Mum - it's come from Thailand I think and goes over the top of a door