Monday, February 21, 2011

Gillian's Kitchen

Gillian Hirst is a well-known chef around town and has started her own restaurant.  I didn't know anything about her, but luckily Christine is au courant with where to go to have a delicious lunch.  I had crispy crab cakes
Christine had the three bird pie (chicken, duck and quail)
Neither of us could go past the chocolate cheesecake - as you can see I hoed into mine before I realised I hadn't taken a photo
Hang on a minute - what's THAT doing on the table?
When was the last time you saw a pepper grinder on a restaurant table?  We must have looked like responsible diners - we were allowed to grind our OWN pepper - as much as we wanted!!!  Hey - some would go all silly with the power, but we were appropriately restrained, befitting the great honour bestowed upon us...