Friday, March 30, 2012

New Arrangement

In honour of Easter (kind of...) I started to re-arrange the dresser in my dining room.  A very much needed clean and shuffle later I had things in place.
I found the nest on the ground outside my bedroom window - the marble egg is from the markets the other week.  The stand was bought on a visit to Queensland many years ago when I lived in Canberra.  The candlesticks from a once-a-year art/craft market I used to go to, and on the right is a little mirror with a frame I love, and a tiny seascape painting...
The platter was hand painted and bought in Florence on honeymoon with wedding present money.  The pumpkin tureen and small blue plates (ivy leaf shapes) were from another Queensland trip - and the trio was a very generous Christmas gift from a friend a few years ago - it is a numbered pattern from her grandmother's wedding china.
These leaves are real - ordinary leaves found on the ground when we lived in Virginia.  The little hand-etched gourd is from Peru - a gift from a friend many, many (many!) years ago....