Friday, December 30, 2011

Sorting

I have nothing against things - they anchor us to this world and our memories and experiences - but when I start to feel overwhelmed, it's time to let go.  So a purge/clear/sort mentality has been at work here for a while, and part of that blitz has been getting things out of boxes in cupboards.  This stitchery was finished in 2008 and it was time to figure out how to make it up into a quilt.  I really, really, really, wanted to use fabric in my stash, but honestly couldn't decide on anything.  I turned up at Spotlight when they had 30% off fabrics this week - good timing eh?  I found two fabrics that I was happy with, but even as I was driving home, I was having second thoughts - 
 then I tried a third border...still not sure
 
of course, I then found something I had all along - more subtle rather than bright - but it works well I think. 
So I needn't have made that trip after all!!