Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Curtis Stone's Spicy Garlic and Parsley Prawns

Well, not "his" as in I ate off his plate or anything...but "his" as in: Coles has larger-than-life images of him all over the shop and heaps of booklets full of his recipes just there for the taking - so I did.  I felt like prawns last night, and so I made this dish.

Mistake Number 1 - I thought I'd save some money by buying the unpeeled cooked prawns.
submistake 1 - already cooked
submistake 2 - messy!
submistake 3 - I ended up with less than the 700g of prawns in the dish

But I saved a whole $2!!
yay?

Also, I did not want to buy lager beer - so used semi-sweet sherry instead.  I knew it would work and it did.

I bet you can't tell the difference -
Well, luckily I could or I would have been eating paper.  Tasted pretty dam* yummy!!!