Sunday, May 30, 2010

Quilt Prep

While watching DVDs I cut lots of fabric.
First off I cut fabric to make this quilt
from this book
to use up the 9 patches I got in a swap from last year.  I adapted it slightly - my version will have 9 patches all round with no extra strips as the border.  My 9 patches are bigger than the ones in the book so I adjusted the sizes of the pinwheel triangles accordingly.  Here is the fabric all cut and ready to sew -
Then, as I already had my repro fabrics out, I thought I may as well do the cutting for another quilt.  This is the one I decided on
and here's the fabric ready to sew
The drawer started all messy and chockers.  Now it looks nice and empty (kind of) -

4 comments:

  1. LOve your 9 patch...looks great...I think you might have some of my blocks there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are going to look lovely.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all...they will be gorgeous..I wonder if it's the swap i was in with Christine..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy...Looking forward to seeing your progress on these two quilts...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete