Friday, January 14, 2011

Queensland Floods

Like everyone else, I've been glued to the TV watching the images and trying to take it all in.  I'm not personally affected, but we have all been touched, and we all want to do something.  Thanks to Toni of make it perfect, I can do a little bit.

I am auctioning this wonderful quilt I completed last year.  It is hand stitched in blue, machine quilted by me from a pattern in an Australian magazine.  I've called my version "Blue Angels".  It's approximately 52.5 inches square.  The first two shots are overall views.  Then I've taken closeups of each angel. 
 You can see I've quilted some meandering leaves along the sashing.

How this auction works:
1.  Bidding will start at $50 (Australian).
2.  You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address.  Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.  
3.  Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4.  This auction is open to everyone, however $35 will be charged for International addresses.  Postage is FREE for Australian residents.
5.  The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011 (Brisbane time).
6.  At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address).  The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email.  Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your quilt to you.
7.  Thankyou for participating and happy bidding!